Thursday, March 24, 2011

New Projects

Hello,
I know I promised two weeks ago to share my latest projects, but life gets in the way!! Finally I can show you some pictures of the projects, what they shall be will remain a secret until finished.
It feels good to be sewing again and spending some time with my friends, although at times our sewing circle is sometimes a sewing triangle!! It seems harder for us all to get together.
This weekend my sister and I will visit the quilt show in Ballan and
look forward to seeing the new Mill Rose Cottage patchwork shop, I have seen the building renovations and it looks awesome. The classroom is fantastic and I look forward to teaching classes there in the near future.
My gorgeous sister surprised me tonight with a beautiful framed piece made up of 7/8 inch grandmothers garden blocks. There is one block for each day that we sat together and stitched while we waited for our beautiful boy to wake up and one each for emotion/feeling that we shared. I wouldn't have made it through without her support. We cried, laughed and stitched together. Cheers for now....Kerry x

2 comments:

Pauline said...

awwwwwwww Kerry..how sweet of your sister to do that for you........you guys!!!!! cant wait to see the new projects...hope beau is still on the improve mate....thinking of you......cheers

Jen said...

Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this website is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet! Here's my Stubby cooler website by the way.