Monday, October 8, 2012

"What Been Happening"
Hi everyone
Sorry it been so long since I have been in for a visit, BUT this morning as I sat at my desk and looked out at the sunshine, I decided to just take a minute to say hello and catch up.

In February I went to Halls Gap for the week learning a new textile medium “felting” with tutor Martien van Zuilen. I had a wonderful week with a fantastic group of ladies. We completed a (felt mandala) a round floor rug. To actually make a rug from just a felt fibre was so rewarding at the end of the week. I was so far out of my comfort zone to begin with BUT so pleased with the end result.

In April my hubby and I flew to Perth and drove along the WA coast up to Broome stopping in on my friend Sue and family in Roebourne just out of Karratha for a few days along the way. What a wonderful time we had. Finishing our journey at the beautiful Broome Cable Beach resort . I even braved the camel ride…haha.
 
In June on the 16.6.2012 our gorgeous grandson “Lincoln James Gillespie” was born.
He is such a beautiful little man. Oh Boy!!!! I love being a granny…haha.                                               Christmas will be fun this year with a little one in  our home again.

In September my poor hubby had a work place accident that severed half of 3 fingers on his right hand….yet he is right handed of course. That has had a huge impact on his work (lucky he has his own business) but is improving day by day.

I have been still teaching my fabric painting throughout the year at Quilters Harvest Warracknabeal, Sovereign Needlework’s Ballarat  and Mill Rose Cottage Ballan.
 
I have just started designing again as I have had the year off just catching my breath.
I have a new floral quilt, baby quilt, Christmas table runner etc in the making.
Here is a tiny peak at my new baby blanket stitchery.
Hope this year has been kind to you all.

Cheers Kerry x

1 comment:

Martien van Zuilen said...

Hi Kerry - I have JUST read your October blog entry and it is SO nice to see a reference to the Mandala class at Grampians Texture!! You made such a beautiful one. I've enjoyed seeing some more of your fabric/quilt artwork too on your blog and website! Will you be at Grampians in 2013? I'm teaching Felted Jewelry and the Mandala class again. All the very best,
Martien van Zuilen www.martienvanzuilen.com