Saturday, September 19, 2009

Warrnambool Workshop

Once again I spent the weekend down at Fragrant Cottage in Warrnambool doing "All My Santa's" Quilt Christmas Workshop with a great bunch of ladies.
On the Saturday we did fabric painting on the top panel of my quilt, Sunday the Applique trees in varies forms of Applique.
My passion is needle turn applique which is very time consuming, so it was very interesting to see the ladies whipping up their blocks on the sewing machine using blanket stitch applique and a "little" raw edge applique.
On the way home from Warrnambool between Camperdown and Colac I just had to stop and take a photo of the "Dry Rocks Walls" which run for miles along the sides of the road edging the paddocks.
I know all you crafty people out there can appreciate the skill, time and labour in these beautiful fences.

No comments: