Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kookaburra's and New Project

Hi Everyone
Hope you are all well.

I have a few photos I would like to show you .
Firstly is a picture of my birthday present I got from my hubby a few weeks ago, I just love kookaburra's so when I received this I was over the moon. It's a bird bath with 3 copper kookaburra's sitting on a piece of steel rod. Its looks devine in my garden.
The designer is from Tasmania named Kooper Tasmania, how clever some people are.
Secondly is a sneak preview of my new quilt I have been working on over Christmas.
I brought this bundle of fabric on my trip over seas last year in Atlanta.
It has a big appliqued panel across the top followed by row by row of different patchwork blocks.
I have been checking out fabric for a border. I think I have it right now.
Gee that can be the hardest thing to pick sometimes.
Not a lot of my quilts end up with borders BUT I just felt that this one needed it.
Once I have the borders on off to the quilters. Yippee !!!!!
The pattern should be available in a couple of months.
Take care.
Cheers
Kerry

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Love it! Looks absolutely gorgeous and can't wait to see it with the border on.

Unknown said...

Love your new quilt Kerry and the kookas are amazing !

Pauline said...

nice mate...lovely colours...think you should do the quilting yourself though..ha hah....