Thursday, August 11, 2011

Gone Mad on YoYo's

Hello
While most people I know have gone mad on hexagons....including my dear sister Marg. I have gone made on Yo Yo's.
One of the Antique Quilts I brought in Houston a couple of years back was made up of these, it's magnificent. I haven't dared count how many yo yo's it takes to make a quilt COS I wouldn't start it if I knew that. lol.
Here is a picture of only a tiny pile I have made.
Between you and me I shouldn't even be doing these as I have a hand pieced quilt to finish for my sister Marg's 50th Birthday in  2013 BUT just can't help myself.,
Anyone else out there addicted ?
I would love to hear from you.
Cheers
Kerry x

3 comments:

Bernadette said...

Hey Kerry love your new quilts and of course the yoyo's! I have a bag of around 100 somewhere, one of those on again off again things, the best thing is you can use all your old yucky fabrics, it doesn't matter! I haven't done any patchwork forever too busy working and studying. Hope to catch up one day!

STUDIO CRAFTS BY KAREN said...

Hi Kerry

Nice to see you back blogging. Thought I would let you know I have just finished the bear and honey quilt of yours that I started in 2009. Between shifting house and being a shop owner I finally got my bum into gear and actually quilted it last week, just need the binding and the boys and I can cuddle up in it. Thanks. Love it. Karen

Jen said...

Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives. Here's my Safety Sign website by the way.